The MRSA PD Committee is seeking expressions of interest from staff and students who have a unique perspective to share with the MRSA community. As part of the 2021 PD Days, we will be hosting a session where we celebrate the diversity of our community and hear short stories from members and students. We believe this is an opportunity for connection, to learn from each other, and to give space for us all to explore the ways that “you belong here” at MRU. Submissions from members of BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities are encouraged, however all submissions will be considered.
This session will take place on May 20, 2021 in a virtual setting from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. We ask that all presentations are between 10-15 minutes, are based in truth and personal experiences, and are told from the first-person perspective when possible. Ancestral stories are appropriate.
When submitting please provide the following:
- A short bio, including your name and pronouns (3-5 sentences)
- A synopsis of the story you intend to share (paragraph or two)
- How does this story encourage connection and learning among our community?
- Why do you want to share this story?
- Are there any content/trigger warnings that should be given to attendees?
- Do you require any accommodations to participate in the virtual delivery mode?
- Do you intend to use visuals (such as slides) in your presentation?
- Are you comfortable with your presentation being recorded?
- Your availability between 2:00pm – 4:00pm on May 20, 2021
Please note this is not an opportunity for self-promotion or promotion of a product, service or political agenda. To respect the privacy of those who are unable to speak for themselves, we ask that speakers do not use real names of any individuals that may be part of their story.
We thank everyone for their interest and willingness to share their story. Due to time constraints, and dependent on availability of presenters, we may not be able to accommodate everyone who submits. The committee will be in touch with every applicant in regards to next steps, regardless of whether or not your submission has been approved. There may be an additional opportunity to be featured in the MRSA monthly newsletter.
If you know of an MRU student or staff member who may be interested, but was not a direct recipient of this message, we encourage you to forward this to them.
Submissions are due by the end of day on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 and can be sent to email@example.com.